Thanksgiving dinner is on its way with enough food to feast for a week. But for many of us, that also means a potluck supper with all the family. A Thanksgiving Potluck Sign up sheet is the perfect way to ensure all the best dishes show up on Thanksgiving day.
The holiday season is upon us as well as dreams of great food, laughter, and visiting with the whole family to warm the heart. However, in order to have that perfect potluck meal a little prep work goes a long way for the big day.
Why Do We Need a Thanksgiving Potluck Signup Sheet?
The point of holiday parties should be to enjoy yourself as well as make great memories. Therefore if you’re hosting or organizing Thanksgiving day a sign-up sheet is a great thing to have.
There are plenty of ideas to adjust potluck signups, especially if you need to personalize them for the specific needs of your potluck parties. However, here are a few reasons to embrace a more organized approach to thanksgiving day this year.
- Guest List. The ability to know who is coming can be noted in the form so you know the total amount of mouths and bodies to prepare for.
- Menu Items. Ensure there is a main course, side dishes, and enough desserts at the Thanksgiving table. Because it might be a tragedy if a favorite dish was totally left out!
- Specific Needs. Ability to address any food allergies. Or to adjust any food recipes to accommodate.
- Non Food Items. For instance Party decorations, Dinnerware, Napkins, Utensils, Table Cloths, Place Cards, Games, Music, and Entertainment.
- Main Dishes. The Best way to ensure a specific dish is not forgotten! For example, Turkey, which would be very inconvenient.
- Grocery List. Less chance of having to make a last-minute stop at a grocery store.
- Relevant Details. Names, Contact Information of Guests, and the number of attendees to name a few.
Did I forget to mention the fact that creating and designing printable potluck forms can be quite enjoyable?
Download These Free Potluck Sign Up Sheets
Of course, all you really need to create your own potluck sign up sheet is paper, a pen, and several horizontal lines. But to take more off your already long holiday to-do list I have created these versions for your next potluck party!
Ideas to Organize This Thanksgiving Potluck
So, your first step should be to download these amazing free printables obviously. And then you should start gathering information from the rest of your family to create the menu. This will ultimately decide on grocery lists and help you fill in your sign-up sheet. You may also benefit from using an actual Holiday Meal Planner!
If you are the host:
- Decide on the Date and Time for the event.
- Then come up with a Menu Idea.
- At this point choose which items you want to prepare.
- And indicate those on the signup sheet.
- At this point, make the sign up sheet available to the invitees or prospective guests.
- It may be a wise choice to have a set end date similar to an RSVP. Which will ensure plenty of time to do any additional grocery shopping for the remainder of the needs.
- Or for family gatherings, it’s perfectly acceptable to ask other members to meet some of the leftover needs.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have given you some inspiration, ideas for creativity, and maybe a push to start creating your own wonderland one piece or project at a time.
Don’t forget to come back for more great projects like these DIY Projects and many more!
Meet the Author
Hi, I’m Julie! Mother to five beautiful kids, Homeschool Educator, Writer, Handicraft & DIY Enthusiast, Photographer, Thrifter, and Furniture Restorer. Follow along for fun DIY projects creating a handmade home on a budget! Read more about me here→