Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
There are few things I love better than a dollop of rich homemade whipped cream on top of my favorite desserts. If you’re a regular attendee of the pumpkin spice season then you will love this pumpkin spice whipped cream!
When I discovered how easy it is to add fall flavors to whipped cream and make magic I was hooked. This pumpkin spiced whipped cream will be the cherry on top of all of your holiday season treats.
After you get a taste of this on your fall desserts the next obvious thing to do would be to use Madagascar Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup or Homemade Vanilla Extract with Everclear to make the honest-to-goodness best vanilla-flavored whipped cream you’ll ever taste.
For such a delightfully perfect topping it’s a blessing the ingredients are just as simple as the steps are easy. Mark my words, you’ll be licking the whisk and bowl clean of this delicious pumpkin spiced whipped cream.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pumpkin Spiced Syrup
- Granulated Sugar
See the recipe card for quantities.
Watch this on Youtube:
When you’re done whipping up a batch of this delectable pumpkin spice whipped cream you may feel inspired to dive into a few other pumpkin recipes to pair and make a real treat.
For best results, stick a large mixing bowl in your freezer for 10-15 minutes prior to starting this recipe.
Add the sugar, heavy cream, and pumpkin spice syrup to a chilled bowl.
With a whisk or whisk attachment whip the mixture on high speed for 2-5 minutes, or until you achieve stiff peaks.
Add it to any number of enticing treats and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg for extra flavor.
The first time I made my own whipped cream I was mystified that it tasted so much better than cool whip. It’s so light and fluffy you can easily clean a bowl without realizing it until you’re scraping the sides.
If you’ve never tried making your own, I hope I have inspired you to try it. And then try a few experiments yourself, first with delicious pumpkin spice, and tomorrow, who knows?
Dishes to Pair with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
Since whipped cream is not a recipe you’d categorize with main dishes, here are some great options to add it to!
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie with buttery flaky pie crust
- Pumpkin Custard
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Ice Cream
- Hot Cocoa
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam + Cold Brew
- Sugar – Granulated isn’t the only option to sweeten the deal. Try out exchanging it for maple syrup, powdered sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, honey, agave, or even your favorite sugar-free substitute!
- Pumpkin Spice – The key ingredient in this whipped cream is definitely the pumpkin spice flavor, but if you don’t have pumpkin spice syrup or can’t make it there are other options like Pumpkin Pie Spice from a grocery store or make your own pumpkin spice and add pure pumpkin puree or Pumpkin Pie Filling.
- Heavy Cream – if you can’t use cream, a great dairy-free option is to use canned coconut milk. The high-fat content makes it a perfect substitution.
- Whisk, Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment, Hand Mixer, or Electric Mixer
- Large Bowl
Homemade pumpkin spice whipped cream will last 24-48 hours refrigerated in an airtight container. Though I doubt it will last that long before being eaten!
To get your homemade pumpkin spice whipped cream will stay fresh longer, up to 3-5 days, if you add in a stabilizer. See the details below.
Make sure to use a cold bowl when whipping up your cream, it just works more efficiently. But don’t whip too long or you may end up with pumpkin spice butter (though that doesn’t sound entirely bad, does it?).
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
Light and sweet pumpkin spice treat.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Nutmeg for garnish
- Before starting your recipe put a large mixing bowl in the freezer for 10-15 minutes prior.
- In a chilled mixing bowl add the heavy cream, pumpkin spice syrup, and sugar.
- Use a whisk or electric mixer with a whisk attachment and beat the mixture at high speed.
- Allow it to whisk for between 2-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Use it on top of your favorite fall desserts, drinks, or frost a cake! Garnish with a pinch of nutmeg.
Store your pumpkin spice whipped cream refrigerated in an airtight container for 24-48 hours or use a stabilizer to make it fresh for 3-5 days.
To stabilize whipped cream you can use corn starch, unflavored gelatin, cream of tartar, powdered pudding mix, or powdered milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Meet the Author
Hi, I’m Julie! Mother to five beautiful kids, Homeschool Educator, Writer, Handicraft & DIY Enthusiast, Photographer, Thrifter, and Furniture Restorer. Follow along for fun DIY projects creating a handmade home on a budget! Read more about me here→