Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam + Cold Brew
We have officially entered pumpkin season! That time of year when all things pumpkin and warm fall flavors come out to play. On the very first day of the start of fall, it feels like the flavors of pumpkin spice are in the air. And a Pumpkin cream cold foam fancy drink is just what the season ordered!
I set out to create a copycat recipe for Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, but if I’m honest I’ve never been a huge fan of Starbucks and their use of artificial flavorings. But I am an earnest fan of delicious pumpkin flavors, warm spices, and hot drinks on a cool fall day.
But since we’re still amidst warm weather we need the pumpkin spice latte equivalent of a cold drink. Hence this iced coffee drink and cold brew recipe!
I myself have just discovered the true beauty of cold foam coffee and it’s already my favorite fall drink. In recent years I’d purchased some fancy pumpkin creamer to spice up my own cold brew coffee.
But this year I’m going all out with this delicious and homemade pumpkin cream cold foam + homemade cold brew!
Some may call this a seasonal beverage, but I say it’s the perfect drink for any time of year as long as you love pumpkin flavor.
This cold foam recipe can be made in two different ways. The first option is easy way with very simplistic ingredients and less flavor. However, the second option is to go hardcore with this pumpkin cream cold foam recipe like I did!
The best part is this DIY pumpkin cream cold foam is going to taste delicious either way and will be way healthier than the Starbucks version. As well as fitting it to your taste buds and make it as sweet or intense as you like it!
Homemade Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
- Cold Brew
- Vanilla Syrup
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Nutmeg for garnish
See the recipe card for quantities.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1½ cups Water
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks or 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 12 Whole Cloves or 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh-grated Ginger or 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Fresh-Grated Nutmeg or 2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp Pumpkin Purée (Not pumpkin pie filling)
For the directions head to the DIY Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe.
Homemade Vanilla Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Madagascar Vanilla Bean or 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Homemade Vanilla Extract or Vodka (or another favorite alcohol)
For the directions head to the Madagascar Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup Recipe.
Homemade Cold Brew
- 11 Tbsp Coffee Grounds
- Cold Brew Jar with Handle
- 64 Oz Water
Add your filter to your jar. Then add 11 Tbsp of your preferred coffee grounds. Last, fill your jar with water and let it sit for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Watch this on Youtube:
This cold foam recipe really is such a simple pleasure to drink on a warm fall day. If it isn’t already it will quickly become one of your favorite drinks, mark my word!
Add ice, cold brew, and cold water. Then mix.
Then put your mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 5-10 minutes.
Add your delicious vanilla bean simple syrup and stir.
In your chilled mixing bowl whip the cup of cream, sugar, and DIY pumpkin spice syrup until you reach your desired thickness. Between 2 and 5 minutes for best results.
Pour on top of your cold brew. Then sprinkle with some nutmeg, cinnamon, or a dash of pumpkin spice for extra deliciousness.
It is very easy to make substitutions in these coffee recipes as long as you follow a few rules and stay true to the main elements.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – In a pinch, use 1 tsp of Pumpkin Spice in the Pumpkin Spice Syrup recipe.
- A Glass of Cold Brew – You can use pre-made, cold brew concentrate, or make a homemade version with several options like a french press. Also, feel free to go caffeinated or decaffeinated.
- Milk – To get the best froth with milk, with all those lovely large bubbles, you need low-fat milk like skim milk. However, it lacks the creaminess that whole milk or heavy cream will give you. If you’d like plant-based milk Almond milk froths best, but again, won’t give you the creaminess because of its low-fat content. But coconut milk will give the best creamy froth. Oat milk and rice milk simply won’t make a bubbly pumpkin foam.
- Pumpkin – The best version of this is made with pure pumpkin puree. Simply because plain pumpkin puree allows you to cater to your tastes with as much or as little spice. But feel free to experiment using other alternatives like pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin pie mix, then add spices to taste.
What is a recipe if it isn’t also a small adventure? Also, experimentation is a part of the fun and your taste buds might just thank you.
- Sweet Cream – Have fun and experiment with different sugars. For instance, use brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, agave, or even sweetened condensed milk.
- Hot Coffee – This is technically filed away under cold drinks, but try it as a hot drink on a cold day. However, make sure to froth your milk first.
- Handheld Milk Frother, Food Processor, Immersion Blender, or High-powered Blender
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 32 oz Mason Jar or Cup
Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup – see Madagascar Vanilla Bean Syrup.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup – see DIY Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
DIY Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam – since this is a mixed drink you won’t really need to store it, just care for each element.
Cold brew – Homemade cold brew is good for up to 7-10 days refrigerated in an airtight container like a mason jar.
Cold is the name of the game for several key elements in this recipe. You need cold milk to froth properly and a cold mixing bowl to make the cream cold foam.
Pumpkin Spice Cold Foam
Pumpkin Spice flavored Iced Coffee with Sweet Cream Topping
- 4 oz. Cold Brew
- 4 oz. Water + Ice
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Pinch of Nutmeg (garnish)
- Fill a 32 oz mason jar or cup with ice.
- Add 4 oz Cold Brew.
- Add 4 oz Water and stir.
- Add 2 Tbsp Vanilla Simple Syrup and Stir.
- In a chilled bowl add 1 cup of Heavy Cream, 2 Tbsp Vanilla Simple Syrup (or 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar), and 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
- Whip for 2-5 minutes until you achieve your preferred "foam" texture.
- Pour over your Cold Brew, water, and ice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of Nutmeg on top for added flavor and beautiful garnish.
- Make Vanilla Simple Syrup and Pumpkin Spice Syrup before you start this recipe. Or purchase them from your preferred retailer.
- Don't whip your cream too long or you will deal with a separation issue. The cream won't mix with the coffee like a creamer.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Meet the Author
Hi, I’m Julie! Mother to five beautiful kids, Homeschool Educator, Writer, Handicraft & DIY Enthusiast, Photographer, Thrifter, and Furniture Restorer. Follow along for fun DIY projects creating a handmade home on a budget! Read more about me here→
This looks DELICIOUS!! I love coffee and am making this very soon. Thanks!
It is so delicious. Let me know how you like it!