It's that time of year! Halloween night is on its way and the time to pull out and DIY Halloween decor is really closing in. Here's a list of the best Halloween sayings for signs that you can use this year to bring lots of fun to your spooky season.
I love creating my own wood signs with funny Halloween sayings. It adds so much charm to the season to put Halloween phrases with a sense of humor on letter boards or scrawled on chalkboard signs.
Beyond the Happy Halloween Quote
Happy Halloween is a pretty average sign saying, but when I put my mind to creating holiday decor average is the last thing I want on my walls.
As part of my Halloween home decor, I created this really charming DIY Sleepy Hollow Sign. But then I went a step further and used a vintage graphic to create a stencil of a full moon and painted a "Man on the Moon" sign. Both of these make great options if you're looking for something a little less spooky and more whimsical and charming.
Beyond creatively designing a sign to make, there is a whole world of cute sayings, spooky sayings, and funny Halloween quotes that can step up your game this year.
Halloween Sayings for Signs
These sayings are so much fun you can't help but get into the whimsical, mysterious, and fantastic Halloween season.
- Have a fang-tastic night.
- Have a Ghoul Time!
- Just hanging out with my ghoul friends.
- Time for a coffin break.
- Blood donors needed. See the Count.
- Broom Parking Only: All Others Will Be Toad – 5 cents
- Carve out some good times!” (with carved pumpkin)
- Have a frightfully spooky Halloween.
- Have a spooktakular good time.
- If the Broom Fits...Fly it!
- I'm Just Here for the Boos
- Yes... I Can Drive a Stick! *Broom Graphic*
- Eat, Drink, and Be Scary
- Even Witches Need Coffee
- Hocus Pocus Broom Co. Sales - Rentals - Repair "Hand Crafted and Enchanted"
- Pumpkins Sweets and Spooky Treats
- Apothecary Elixirs, Fine Potions, & Mystical Brews
- Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
- It's the Most Spooktacular Time of Year
- Freshly Boo'd Coffee: Served with Scream & Sugar
- Free Flying Lessons: Bring Your Own Broom
- Welcome, Come in and Rest Your Bones
- Don't Make Me Flip My Witch Switch
- Home of the Wicked Witch, Her Little Monsters, and One Handsome Devil
- I'm a Good Witch (Most of the Time)
- Don't Be a Scaredy Cat
- Welcome to the Pumpkin Patch: Farm Fresh, Grown Locally
- Bats are a Ghoul's Best Friend
- Don't Make Me Use My Magic Wand
- Pumpkin Kisses and Harvest Wishes
Famous Halloween Quotes, Sayings, and Poems
There is nothing quite as playful as adding a fun quote, famous saying, or clever poem to your Halloween signage.
- Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble. Eye of Newt, and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat, and Tongue of Dog. By Pricking of my Thumbs, Something Wicked This Way Comes.
- They're Creepy and They're Kooky Mysterious and Spooky They're Altogether Ooky the "Put Your Last Name Here" Family
- When Witches Go Riding and Black Cats are Seen, The Moon Laughs and Whispers, 'Tis Near Halloween!
- It's All Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus
- I Put A Spell On You
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
Short Halloween Sayings
Whether you're making indoor or outdoor signs, these short Halloween slogans are sure to add an element of fun! Additionally, anyone of these would be a great choice for your front door on Halloween night.
- Enter if You Dare
- Dead and Breakfast
- Let the gh’oul times Roll!
- Best Witches!
- Happy Hallow's Eve
- Creep it Real
- Welcome to our Web
- Pick Your Poison *for a Menu*
- Fright This Way *Arrow*
- The Witch is IN/OUT
- Welcome Foolish Mortals
- Graveyard Shift: Now Until Eternity
- Witches Be Crazy!
- I Smell Children
- Spooky Greetings
- Ghostly Greetings
Spooky Halloween Quotes
I wouldn't necessarily say these are scary sayings on their own, but with the right graphic and design, you can most definitely turn these into scary Halloween signs.
- Insane Asylum: We are as Fully Committed As Our Patients Are
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
- Keep calm and spook on!
- If One Door Closes and Another Opens: Your House is Haunted
- Sleepy Hollow Hotel: A Place to Rest Your Weary Head
- Congratulations, Newly Deads
- Home Sweet Haunted Home
- Society of Black Hats: Fly By Night Group
Creepy Halloween Sayings
If you're into the spooky decor, this list of creepy sayings might not be a bad thing to have!
- Welcome to our Haunted Farmhouse
- Cabinet of Curiosities and Oddities
- Come in, My Pretties!
- Come in and sit a Spell
- A Touch of Magic, a Pinch of Fright, Cast a Spell this Festive Night!
Funny Halloween Jokes and Riddles
These Jokes work well for a funny Halloween sign, or lunch notes, or great on a chalkboard as a part of your Halloween party decorations.
- How can you tell if a vampire has a cold? She Starts Coffin
- What is a ghost’s favorite dessert? Ice Scream
- Which spider might you see when there's a full moon? The WOLF spider.
- Why didn’t the skeleton go to the Halloween party? He didn't have the guts to go.
- What do birds give out on Halloween? Tweets.
- Why are cemeteries so popular? Everyone’s dying to get in.
- Why was the Witch’s broom late? It over-swept.
- What kind of music do mummies listen to? Wrap music.
- What’s a skeleton’s favorite instrument? A trom-bone.
- Why are spiders great web developers? They like finding bugs.
Sayings for Halloween Cards
I am a huge fan of quirky cards for every occasion. There's just something about receiving a card in the mail that adds a bit of magic to any special day. These quaint sayings will be the best part of anyone's day in a special card just for them!
- “Spooks, treats, and yummy eats. Wishing you the best Halloween ever!
- “Witching you a very haunted Halloween!
- “Hope your day doesn’t “suck” like a vampire. May you have an amazing day and a freakishly scary Halloween!
- “Keep calm, trick or treat and carry on.”
- “Have a spook-tacular, boo-tiful, wooo-nderful, and fang-tastic Halloween!
- Wishing you lots of fun and lots of yummy treats!
- May your Halloween be filled with scary times and scary memories. Happy Halloween!
- Wishing you a spook-tacular Halloween and a great fall season this year! Happy Haunting!
- Wishing you a night full of frights and a bag full of delights. Happy Halloween!
- May you have a fang-tastic evening, ghoul-friend! I’m so lucky to have you in my life. Halloween wishes to you!
- Have a killer Halloween!
- Happy Halloween Wishes
- I'll Bet Living in a Nudist Colony Takes all the Fun Out of Halloween - Charles Swartz
Free Halloween Sayings for Signs Stencil Templates
I'm a big fan of creating my own stencils to make my signs since I don't have a Cricut or other professional cutting machine. You can read the whole process of how I make my stencils in DIY Vintage Man on the Moon Sign.
Now that you have the perfect Halloween sayings for signs picked out you need a few more items to prepare for Halloween night like a Halloween costume, Halloween Music (Halloween Howls by Andrew Gold), Halloween Candy, and Candy Bowl.
Have a very Happy Halloween!
Hi, I'm Julie! Mother to five beautiful kids, Homeschool Educator, Writer, Handicraft & DIY Enthusiast, Photographer, Thrifter, and Furniture Restorer. Follow along for fun DIY projects creating a handmade home on a budget! Read more about me here→