Welcome to Capturing Wonderland! This blog has been my dream for close to two decades. When I first became a mother was when I realized the importance of capturing moments in our lives and holding onto them.
I never wanted to forget, so I started delving into photography which is where the capturing aspect came into play.
In fact, if it wasn't for my children I don't know that I would have ever purchased my first DSLR.
The Inspiration Behind Wonderland
Having been an ardent lover of everything Alice in Wonderland since I was just a little girl it was fitting I include it in this space. I have always been completely enchanted by the book and other writings by Lewis Carroll.
I've always identified with Alice in many ways in the way she looks at the world and talks to herself, "I give myself very good advice".
The aspect of wonderland appeals to all ages, I think. But the great thing is it doesn't have to be a dream, we can make our own wonderland a reality.
You will find posts about creating, thrifting, repurposing, & building my home in simple, easy, and affordable ways. I'm dedicated to always looking for a different way to forge through when there isn't a clear path ahead.
Because we're a family of 7 living on a single teacher's income I have definitely learned a few creative strategies for getting what I want at a price we can afford. I would love to share my ideas with you and build a supportive community.
"Wonder is a state of mind in which the sight and senses are wholly engaged in what's in front of them. Wonder reveals the world as the miracle it is because it intensely focuses our eyes on what's before us -- the veined crimson of an Autumn leaf, the play of sunlight in the summer trees, the ripple of light over water. We may "see" these things every day, but our eyes are restless, our minds preoccupied; we seldom truly look. Wonder helps us notice with quiet, focused attention that helps us perceive the inherent, unique beauty of the people and the world around us."The Lifegiving Home, Chapter 3 pg. 86 - Sarah Clarkson
What Can "Capturing Wonderland" Do For You?
- Help Others Discover Beauty & Inspire Their Curiosity My tagline has always been to discover beauty & inspire curiosity. Through life's challenges, we have a choice to always look for beauty and I never want to lose my curiosity. Curiosity is what spurs us forward to ask questions, learn, and ultimately grow into our best selves.
- Offer A Different Perspective & Hope I hope to offer hopefully a different perspective on challenges. Hard things don't have to be bad things. We can do hard things and with a friendly hand, we can do more than just get through life.
- Build a Supportive Community One of the things I have craved in my life more than anything else is a sense of community and belonging. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Here at Capturing Wonderland, it is my greatest desire to serve you.
- Add More Beauty to Your Life And it is my deepest wish to add more beauty to the world.
- Advice, Tips, & Tricks I don't have all the answers, I'm still figuring a lot out myself. But I have learned a lot in the last decade and a half as a wife and mother and I want to offer anything I have learned to you. It's my deepest hope to offer a few words of wisdom, even out of my failures.
Finding Beauty in Our Everyday & Creating a Beautiful Handmade Home on a Budget
We have always lived on a small budget and I have always sort of tried to find the joy in the challenge. This is my space to share with you all the small and big ways I'm helping my family save money and thrive on a single income.
It doesn't always look like you might expect and I think there are a lot of illusions about what low income has to look like.
I strive to post every Monday and Friday.
Let's make a house a home!
Thank you so much for stopping by my little slice of Wonderland!
Let's stay in touch!
Sign up to be a part of our community where I'll share all the tips, tricks & projects to help you create your handmade home on a budget! The only sure way you'll never miss out on these videos & posts is by joining our Email List below.